Friday, March 4, 2011

Site Visit

Iyoo it is hot.  And this isn't even hot by Africa standards.  My heat tolerance needs to go up pronto.

Just got back from site visit.  It went very well, lot of introductions, names and information thrown at me at once that I will unfortunately probably forget most of.  On a positive note it looks like I will have some access to electricity and Internet while at work, which was unexpected.  My new family is very big and quite friendly.  I'm pretty sure my new house is smaller than the one in training village, but I'm not complaining,  It appears to be brand new, LOVELY.  I actually stayed at my work station's grounds since my house doesn't have a bed yet, hopefully one will be ready when I get back.
We are back in Kombo (city area) for ten days, having our final lectures, language and technical tests.  Then we swear in on the 11th, do a crazy amount of shopping in two days, and then head back to site for three months.  During this time all thirty of us trainees will be staying at the transit house - if we weren't tired of each other already we definitely will be after ten days.

TIA (This Is Africa) moment:  There was a bat in my work site room when I first got there and we spent a tiresome 15 minutes shooing it out.  TIA

No comments:

Post a Comment